Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gary Sinise

A Good Man

I wanted to do something different today. Today I wanted to focus my attention on good people and the inspiring things they do. Two people immediately came to mind. My teacher Thich Nhat Hanh and actor Gary Sinise. For this one blog entry though I will be focusing on Gary Sinise. A man who devotes himself to good causes. And not for the celebrity attention. Because he truly believes in what he devotes himself to. One of the many causes he supports is for the US military. I am a veteran myself of the armed forces having served honorably in the US Army in the early 90's. So, I admire how he cares for the well being of our US Military and for enriching the lives of children throughout the world. I also admire the creative way he goes about it. Below are inspiring photographs and videos of Gary Sinise that move me deeply and I hope they do for you as well.

Gary Sinise visiting with wounded soldiers.
 


"Wherever I go for the military, they always call
me Lt. Dan. What I really want to be remembered
as is a good father, a man who does what he needs
to take care of his family and someone who supports
the troops that protect the country I live in.
It's a dangerous world out there and anytime
anything happens, the U.S. military is there to
help."  - Gary Sinise
 

Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band Performing for our troops.

Gary Sinise helping children in Afghanistan


Gary Sinise giving school supplies to children in need


No comments:

Post a Comment